For over 38 years Tim Atwood
has played in the spotlight’s fringe, backing country music elites on
the most venerable stage in country music history—the Grand Ole Opry.
Now Tim Atwood takes a step into center stage, as he prepares to release
his 3rd solo album Livin’ The Dream on Friday, July 27th,
independently. The album is available now for pre-sale, with four
instant gratification tracks (“Country Medley,” “I’ll Stand Up & Say
So,” “What Have You got Planned Tonight Diana,” & “Count Your
Blessings”) available upon purchase.
Then, on Saturday, July 28th at 10:00 pm, Tim will officially kick-off the album release celebration by guest hosting Ernest Tubb Record Shop’s “Midnite Jamboree” at the Texas Troubadour Theater, which broadcasts live on-air at 650 AM WSM.
Tim will perform several of the new tracks off the album, along with
talking about the stories behind the songs to the thousands of listeners
who will tune in.
Livin’ The Dream’s
first single, “I’ll Stand Up and Say So” is a patriotic tune with an
equally patriotic story behind it. In 2017, Tim was gifted a memorial
bracelet by an endearing fan at one his shows. The bracelet was in honor
of Capt. William D. Grimm, an Airman who was killed in action during
Operation Desert Storm in Iraq. The fan had worn the bracelet
continuously for 26 years, and confided that she wanted to pass the
bracelet along to Tim to keep Capt. Grimm’s memory alive. Through
tear-filled eyes, she told Tim, “It’s time I share this bracelet with
you…and it’s time you share Capt. Grimm’s memory with the world.”
With recent appearances on Hallmark Channel’s Home & Family, Fox News, RFD-TV’s Larry’s Country Diner,
and a busy tour schedule, audiences understand the long time veteran of
the Grand Ole Opry stage is more than a singer—more than a pianist; Tim
Atwood is an entertainer and a dynamic country showman.
thirty-eight years I played piano in the Grand Ole Opry staff band. I
got tired of looking at everybody’s backsides, so I decided to change my
view. I’ve transitioned from the spotlight’s fringe to center stage.
Time for others to look at my backside for a while,” says Atwood.
Livin’ The Dream Track Listing:
1. Country Medley (Hank Cochran, Eddie Miller, Bob Morris, Ralph Mooney, Chuck Seals)
2. Under Your Spell Again (Buck Owens)
3. Cinderella (Buddy Mize)
4. Boney Fingers (Renee Armand, Hoyt Axton)
5. What Have You Got Planned Tonight Diana (Dave Kirby)
6. You Pop My Corn (You Melt My Butter) (Roxane Atwood, Gary Gibson)
7. I Love You (What Can I Say) (Dick Feller)
8. Mom (Wynn Varble, Don Sampson)
9. Traveling Band (John Fogerty)
10. Over The Moon Over You (Mike Headrich, Teri Headrick)
11. Count Your Blessing (Paul Lancaster, Buddy Mullins, Brian Mark Willett)
12. I’ll Stand Up And Say So (Chuck Day)