KIP MOORE UNLEASHES SOPHOMORE ALBUM WILD ONES ON AUG. 21
TN – May 29, 2015 – MULTI-PLATINUM selling singer/songwriter Kip
Moore’s highly anticipated sophomore album on MCA Nashville, WILD ONES
will be released on Fri., Aug. 21. A super-sized record inspired by
the grit, grind and glamour of the live shows that have helped make him a
country favorite, each track on WILD ONES was written by Moore. Fans can pre-order the album with an exclusive merch package here.
ONES really encompasses everything I’ve been through out on the road
since the first album, it embodies us as a band every night out on
stage, it alludes to the traveling circus it sometimes feels like we are
a part of,” said Moore. “I’m so glad that I’m able to finally let the
fans know when to expect what we’ve been working on so passionately for
the past couple years, to let them know the wait is nearly over.”
Watch Moore reveal further details behind the inspiration for the record here.
song on the 13-track disc was born on the road during soundchecks,
inside backstage dressing rooms, and in Moore’s bunk at night and
recorded during “time off” from playing more than 200 shows a year.
Often heralded for his live show, that mixes the wild desperation
of Bruce Springsteen with the rootsy stomp of Merle Haggard and
ranges somewhere between blue-collar country music and stadium-sized
rock & roll, WILD ONES captures the feeling of a Kip Moore concert,
ranging from poignant to anthemic.
forward by electric guitars and gang vocals, “Lipstick” is the album’s
most heartfelt tribute to the road, with each verse rattling off a list
of the favorite cities Moore and his bandmates have played in the past.
Other songs, like “That Was Us,” take a look backward, sketching a
picture of the archetypal small-town Saturday nights that filled Moore’s
teenage years in Georgia. “Magic,” anchored by one of the anthemic,
open-armed choruses of Moore’s career, is loud and lovely, and “Comeback
Kid” packs its punch the opposite way: by dialing back the volume and
delivering quiet praise to the underdog in all of us. The new album
also features the playful lead single, “I’m To Blame,” which is climbing
the country radio charts now.
WILD ONES TRACK LIST
1. Wild Ones (Kip Moore, Chris DeStefano, Brett James)
2. Come And Get It (Kip Moore, Brett James, Manny Medina)
3. Girl of Summer (Kip Moore, Troy Verges, Blair Daly)
4. Magic (Kip Moore, Westin Davis, Luke Dick)
5. That Was Us (Kip Moore, Westin Davis, Dan Couch)
6. Lipstick (Kip Moore, Justin Weaver, David Frasier, Westin Davis)
7. What Ya Got On Tonight (Kip Moore, Troy Verges, Blair Daly)
8. Heart’s Desire (Kip Moore, Dan Couch, Adam Browder, Erich Wigdahl)
9. Complicated (Kip Moore, Chris DeStefano, Rodney Clawson)
10. I’m To Blame (Kip Moore, Justin Weaver, Westin Davis)
11.That’s Alright With Me (Kip Moore, Dan Couch, Luke Dick)
12. Running For You (Kip Moore, Troy Verges, Blair Daly)
13. Comeback Kid (Kip Moore, Erik Dylan, Ross Copperman, Jeff Hyde)
ONES follows Moore’s debut album, UP ALL NIGHT, which scored three No.
One hit singles and notched two PLATINUM certifications with “Hey Pretty
Girl” selling over 1 million and “Somethin’ ‘Bout A Truck” earning
DOUBLE PLATINUM status. This summer, Moore will bring his “high energy
set” (Rolling Stone) out on the road with Dierks Bentley for his 2015 Sounds of Summer Tour.