NASHVILLE, Tenn. (November 17, 2015) – Hank Williams Jr. continues to make history this week as his first single from Nash Icon Records, “Are You Ready for the Country”
featuring Eric Church, enters the Billboard Country Airplay Chart at
#58. With 106 charted singles under his belt, Hank Jr. joins George
Jones, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, Eddy
Arnold and Merle Haggard on a small list of elite artists who have also
charted over six decades. View the lyric video now on Vevo.
“It’s surreal to stand back and take in the fact that Hank Williams, Jr. is on our artist roster,” said Scott Borchetta,
President/CEO Big Machine Label Group. “His music means so much to so
many and he truly defined numerous moments in Country music over the
last six decades. It is our true honor to be part of the next chapter as
he continues to blaze his own unique musical trails. Message to ALL
Hank Jr. fans – you are going to love this music – this is the good stuff.”
Marking 51 years since his first album in 1964, the Country legend is set to release IT’S ABOUT TIME (Nash Icon Records), on January 15, 2016. Hank Jr.’s 37th album is currently available for pre-order across digital retailers.
In addition to the history-making “Are You Ready for the Country,” the
project includes new tunes such as “Dress Like an Icon,” “Just Call Me
Hank,” “It’s About Time,” and “The Party’s On” as well as re-recorded
versions of classics “Mental Revenge” and “Born to Boogie” with Brantley
Gilbert, Justin Moore and featuring Brad Paisley on guitar.
IT’S ABOUT TIME TRACK LISTING:
1. “Are You Ready for the Country” featuring Eric Church (Neil Young)
2. “Club U.S.A.” (Tony Stampley, Bonnie Swayze)
3. “God Fearin’ Man” (Chris Janson, Brandon Kinney, Kendell Marvell)
4. “Those Days Are Gone” (Chris Janson, Brice Long, Terry McBride)
5. “Dress Like An Icon” (Hank Williams Jr.)
6. “God and Guns” (Mark Stephen Jones, Travis Meadows, Bud Tower)
7. “Just Call Me Hank” (Hank Williams Jr.)
8. “Mental Revenge” (Mel Tillis)
9. “It’s About Time” (Hank Williams Jr.)
10. “The Party’s On” (Hank Williams Jr., Joe Kent, Tony Stampley)
11. “Wrapped Up, Tangled Up in Jesus (God’s Got It)” (Reverend Charlie Jackson)
12. “Born to Boogie” featuring Brantley Gilbert, Justin Moore and Brad Paisley (Hank Williams Jr.)
Earlier this month, Hank Jr. opened the 49th Annual CMA Awards with a
blazing performance of “Are You Ready for the Country” featuring Eric
Church. Entertainment Weekly raved of the performance, “…a
burn-the-barn-down rager that left no question where we were: Country
Music’s Biggest Night.” Lucky fans currently have the opportunity to win
the guitar Hank Jr. played during this performance – and signed by Hank
Jr. and Eric – by entering at HankandEric.com through December 1.
His extremely impressive resume has spawned 70 million albums sold
worldwide, six PLATINUM albums, 20 GOLD albums and 13 chart-topping
albums. Hank Jr. has been named ACM Entertainer of the Year, CMA Entertainer of the Year and BMI Icon in addition to winning a GRAMMY and being inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame.