Five-time GRAMMY®-winner, Steven Curtis Chapman, celebrates his chart-topping album, Deeper Roots: Where the Bluegrass Grows, at his No. 1 party in Nashville.
The project earned the multi-platinum selling singer-songwriter his
first No. 1 on the iTunes Country Albums chart, second No. 1 Billboard
Bluegrass Album and 49th No. 1 single with “Dive” featuring Bluegrass
Music Hall of Fame member Ricky Skaggs.
Deeper Roots, released via Chapman’s SCSEE Music Label, serves as the sequel to Chapman’s 2013 Billboard No. 1 Bluegrass Album Deep Roots, released
exclusively with Cracker Barrel. Along with Skaggs, Chapman was also
joined by Gary LeVox of Rascal Flatts for a collaboration on “‘Til The
Blue,” written by Chapman, Lori McKenna and Barry Dean.
The homage to Chapman’s rural Kentucky roots, which showcases Chapman’s
“effortless ease with which he segues into the bluegrass genre, picking
and grinning with the best of them” (Andrew Greenhalgh/CCM Magazine),
includes a mixture of familiar hymns like “Life Is Like A Mountain
Railroad” and “I’ll Fly Away,” fan-favorite hits including “Cinderella”
and brand-new songs such as “‘Til The Blue” and “Where The Bluegrass
Grows.” Deeper Roots was produced by Chapman and Brent
Milligan, engineered by Milligan and Brent King, mixed by Milligan, King
and Sean Moffitt and mastered by Brad Blackwood at Euphonic Masters.
DEEPER ROOTS: WHERE THE BLUEGRASS GROWS TRACK LISTING
1. Where the Bluegrass Grows
2. Dive featuring Ricky Skaggs
3. ‘Til The Blue featuring Gary LeVox
5. Victory in Jesus featuring Herb Chapman Sr. and Herb Chapman Jr.
6. Great is Thy Faithfulness featuring Herb Chapman Sr. and Herb Chapman Jr.
7. My Redeemer is Faithful and True
8. How Great Thou Art featuring Jillian Edwards Chapman
9. Life is Like a Mountain Railroad featuring Herb Chapman Sr. and Herb Chapman Jr.
10. I’ll Fly Away
11. Without Him featuring Herb Chapman Sr. and Herb Chapman Jr.
12. Be Still and Know featuring Caleb Chapman
13. I’d Rather Have Jesus featuring Herb Chapman Sr.
ABOUT STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN:
In a career that has spanned over 30 years, Steven Curtis Chapman is the
most awarded artist in Christian music history with 58 Gospel Music
Association Dove Awards, five GRAMMYs®, an American Music Award, 48 No. 1
singles, selling more than eleven million albums and with ten
RIAA-certified gold or platinum albums to his credit. He has been on
“Good Morning America,” “CBS Sunday Morning,” CNN, MSNBC, “60 Minutes,”
E! Entertainment, “The Today Show,” “Fox & Friends,” “CBS This
Morning,” and “The Tonight Show,” Glenn Beck’s “The Blaze,” along with
appearing in the pages of People, Billboard, Parents Magazine, and more.
A vocal supporter of adoption, Chapman, along with his wife Mary Beth,
founded Show Hope in 2003, a nonprofit organization that helps restore
the hope of a family to orphans.