Nashville, TN (December 3, 2012) – Hot new duo Florida Georgia Line
has more than enough holiday cheer to wrap up the year. The newcomers
have topped the Country radio charts – earning their first U.S. #1 –
with their debut single “Cruise,” which has been certified PLATINUM by
the RIAA for selling over 1 million copies. Tomorrow (12/4), they will
release their aptly-titled debut album, HERE’S TO THE GOOD TIMES, on Republic Nashville.
“We’ve been completely amazed by what ‘Cruise’ has done. To have
our debut single sell over a million and be #1 on the week our debut
album is out. … we are so thankful. We can’t wait to meet all of you out
on the road,” said FGL’s Tyler Hubbard of Monroe, Georgia.
FGL’s Brian Kelley from Ormond Beach, Florida agreed, “I remember
jokingly telling Tyler when we were recording that ‘Cruise’ was going to
sell a million copies and I can’t believe it’s actually a reality.
We’ve been working so hard to give our fans something they can bob their
heads along to and a way for them to get to know us a little more. We
think this album accomplishes that and has something for everyone.”
Fans and Superstars – Taylor Swift, Keith Urban, Jennifer Nettle’s
(Sugarland) and Dierks Bentley – alike have been buzzing about the duo.
With their infectious lyrics and buoyant melody, “Cruise,” has
consistently remained in the Top 5 on the iTunes Country Singles Chart
and the Top 10 on the iTunes All Genre Singles Chart.
Producer Joey Moi (Jake Owen, Nickelback) showcases FGL’s fresh and
exciting sound, which is drawn from an eclectic mix of influences
ranging from country to hip-hop, on the 11-track
project. The duo penned six of the songs on the standard release as well
as the two bonus tracks on the Target exclusive.
- Cruise (Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Joey Moi, Chase Rice, Jesse Rice)
- Round Here (Rodney Clawson, Chris Tompkins, Thomas Rhett)
- Get Your Shine On (Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Rodney Clawson, Chris Tompkins)
- Here’s To The Good Times (Rodney Clawson, Chris Tompkins, Lynn Hutton)
- It’z Just What We Do (Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Rodney Clawson)
- Stay (Joey Moi, John Fred Young, Chris Robertson, Jon Lawhon, Ben Wells)
- Hell Raisin’ Heat Of The Summer (Rodney Clawson, Chris Tompkins, Craig Wiseman)
- Tell Me How You Like It (Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Chris Tompkins)
- Tip it Back (Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Rodney Clawson)
- Dayum, Baby (Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Rodney Clawson, David Lee Murphy)
- Party People (Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, J.T. Harding)
- What Are You Drinkin’ About (Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Craig Wiseman) *Target Exclusive
- Country In My Soul (Tyler Hubbard, Brian Kelley, Jennifer Zuffinetti) *Target Exclusive
FGL has sold-out multiple headlining shows and is opening for Jake
Owen on the “CMT On Tour,” giving fans a preview of the new music in
recent months. In January 2013, they’ve been selected to open on Luke
Bryan’s “Dirt Road Diaries Tour.”
ABOUT REPUBLIC NASHVILLE:
In May 2009 Scott Borchetta, President and CEO of the Big Machine Label
Group and Monte Lipman, President and CEO of Universal Republic,
announced the formation of its new label partnership – Republic
Nashville. BMLG Executive Vice President Jimmy Harnen also serves as
President of the label. The imprint is headquartered on Music Row and
utilizes the combined resources of Big Machine and Universal Republic
Records. The two companies first joined forces in 2007 to propel Country
Superstar Taylor Swift. Republic Nashville’s artist roster includes
Grammy-winning, Grammy-nominated, Quadruple-Platinum sensations The Band
Perry; Platinum-selling breakout act Eli Young Band; newcomers Florida
Georgia Line, Greg Bates and RaeLynn.